The fourth annual Oak Cliff Film Festival in Dallas starts up tonight and runs through the weekend, primarily at the Texas Theater, the Kessler Theater, and the Bishop Arts Center, and is organized by the Aviation Cinemas crew (a.k.a. the diehard cinephiles who run the Texas Theater).
This is a growing, international festival that’s getting national attention, with a lineup that skews indie and art-house. Via the Festival’s site, this year’s theme “…takes its inspiration from the No-Wave movement of the late 70’s that took root in New York City before spreading throughout the world.”
The great-looking schedule can be found here.
For information on attending the festival or individual screenings, go here and scroll down.
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016