If you happen to be in Los Angeles this weekend, you are SO lucky because CatConLa takes place this Saturday and Sunday. CatCon is exactly what it sounds like: cat merch, cat adoptions, cat-inspired poetry, lectures, symposia, and tons and tons of cat art. And probably a few scary people in giant cat costumes.
I would like to now nominate galleryHOMELAND’s Paul Middendorf to organize a CatConTX! Get on it, Paul!
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017