An annual neighborhood art studio tour in Oak Cliff called the Visual Speedbump Art Tour started in 2000, and the 2015 tour is Saturday, May 30! There are 30-plus artists and art spaces opening up for the public.
Visual Speedbump is a self-guided, open-house style tour that runs from noon to 6 p.m. It’s free, and there are printed maps at each stop. Included this year are Chuck and George, Kim Cadmus Owens and Lily Smith-Kirkley, and the Safe Room at Texas Theater.
“Come out and see artists in their natural habitat… .” Why yes, we will.
also by Christina Rees
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016
- Last Week: Los Angeles vs. New York - December 4th, 2016
- (The New World Order and) Heyd Fontenot at Conduit Gallery, Dallas - November 13th, 2016
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016