An annual neighborhood art studio tour in Oak Cliff called the Visual Speedbump Art Tour started in 2000, and the 2015 tour is Saturday, May 30! There are 30-plus artists and art spaces opening up for the public.
Visual Speedbump is a self-guided, open-house style tour that runs from noon to 6 p.m. It’s free, and there are printed maps at each stop. Included this year are Chuck and George, Kim Cadmus Owens and Lily Smith-Kirkley, and the Safe Room at Texas Theater.
“Come out and see artists in their natural habitat… .” Why yes, we will.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017