500X, the storied building and long-running artist co-op in Dallas, has released two intriguing bits of information.
1) They are hosting something called Project Space Rentals, which is sort of like a mini-residency, and means that artists can make a proposal in a bid to get studio space in the building to make work and then exhibit it. The charge is $200 for a month. Your opening would correspond with openings in the main gallery space. Via 500X: “You can drop off proposals at the gallery on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5 or mail to 500X Gallery 500 Exposition Avenue Dallas, TX 75226 214-828-1111.”
2) 500X is hosting an open show this summer called, appropriately, Hot and Sweaty. This is truly an open show; no jury, no curating. If you have work that is no bigger than 48 inches in any dimension, it’s ready to hang, and you can pay the $10 entry fee for each entered work, you’re in. Drop off is June 6 and 7 between 2 and 5 p.m., and expect a salon-style hang. Limit six works per artist.
Also, via 500X:
also by Christina Rees
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016
- Last Week: Los Angeles vs. New York - December 4th, 2016
- (The New World Order and) Heyd Fontenot at Conduit Gallery, Dallas - November 13th, 2016
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016