While reporting on the record-breaking Christie’s auction sale of Picasso’s “The Women of Algiers” ($179 million), Fox News evidently decided that highly abstracted boobs and crotchal regions of the women depicted in the 60-year-old masterpiece were too indecent for their highly educated viewers. So they blurred them out and also covered them with a title banner.
Let’s let this sink in. Picasso. 1955. Painting. Abstract. Cubism. Women’s bodies.
Way to be Fox News, Fox News. We’d expect nothing less of you, and thank you for contributing to our cultural apocalypse.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016