While reporting on the record-breaking Christie’s auction sale of Picasso’s “The Women of Algiers” ($179 million), Fox News evidently decided that highly abstracted boobs and crotchal regions of the women depicted in the 60-year-old masterpiece were too indecent for their highly educated viewers. So they blurred them out and also covered them with a title banner.
Let’s let this sink in. Picasso. 1955. Painting. Abstract. Cubism. Women’s bodies.
Way to be Fox News, Fox News. We’d expect nothing less of you, and thank you for contributing to our cultural apocalypse.
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016