While reporting on the record-breaking Christie’s auction sale of Picasso’s “The Women of Algiers” ($179 million), Fox News evidently decided that highly abstracted boobs and crotchal regions of the women depicted in the 60-year-old masterpiece were too indecent for their highly educated viewers. So they blurred them out and also covered them with a title banner.
Let’s let this sink in. Picasso. 1955. Painting. Abstract. Cubism. Women’s bodies.
Way to be Fox News, Fox News. We’d expect nothing less of you, and thank you for contributing to our cultural apocalypse.
also by Christina Rees
- Buster Graybill at the Southwest School of Art - October 17th, 2017
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017