Kevin Beasley, the young New York artist on a meteoric rise due to his sound and sculpture hybrids, will be at the Dallas Museum of Art this week, on both May 14 and 15, as part of Dallas’ Soluna Festival.
Beasley, a standout in the 2014 Whitney Biennial, will be in conversation with DMA curator Gavin Delahunty at the museum this Thursday at 7 p.m. Expect to hear him talk about some of what goes in to his resin/sound/immersive/process/performative installation work (some of which makes for a pretty haunting experience). Then, for the DMA’s monthly Late Night on Friday, Beasley will actually do his art for museum goers. The performance is called “Black Rocker” and happens from 6 p.m. and midnight.
For more info, please go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016