Kevin Beasley, the young New York artist on a meteoric rise due to his sound and sculpture hybrids, will be at the Dallas Museum of Art this week, on both May 14 and 15, as part of Dallas’ Soluna Festival.
Beasley, a standout in the 2014 Whitney Biennial, will be in conversation with DMA curator Gavin Delahunty at the museum this Thursday at 7 p.m. Expect to hear him talk about some of what goes in to his resin/sound/immersive/process/performative installation work (some of which makes for a pretty haunting experience). Then, for the DMA’s monthly Late Night on Friday, Beasley will actually do his art for museum goers. The performance is called “Black Rocker” and happens from 6 p.m. and midnight.
For more info, please go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016