The Museum of Fine Arts Houston is approaching the end of its tenth annual series “Movies Houstonians Love.” Prominent Houstonians introduce each screening and expand on their affection for the movie, and on April 26, Willie D from Geto Boys will present the ever-charming 1995 release Babe.
Remember, Houston’s Geto Boys have been banned from radio and generally politically lambasted in the past due to ultra-controversial lyrics. Babe. Extreme controversy. Babe. We love complicated people. And Babe really is that good!
For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016