The Executive Director of the Midtown Arts and Theater Center Houston (the MATCH) has announced that Kirk Markley will join the MATCH as its first Managing Director in late May. Markley is currently the Managing Director of Houston’s Catastrophic Theatre.
E.D. Chuck Still explains the serendipitous hiring process: “This position came to be after Kirk and I had several conversations about the project, conversations that neither of us expected to lead to his working at MATCH. Over time though, his enthusiasm for the MATCH, his belief in the vision, made our working together inevitable.”
The building, at the 3400 block of Main St., seems to be coming along nicely. It will have five performance spaces, including one 350-seat house, and 4,000 square feet of exhibition space. The Match is working on the last little bit of fundraising and, now, it has a staff of two. It seems like it just may make its projected fall opening.
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017