The Executive Director of the Midtown Arts and Theater Center Houston (the MATCH) has announced that Kirk Markley will join the MATCH as its first Managing Director in late May. Markley is currently the Managing Director of Houston’s Catastrophic Theatre.
E.D. Chuck Still explains the serendipitous hiring process: “This position came to be after Kirk and I had several conversations about the project, conversations that neither of us expected to lead to his working at MATCH. Over time though, his enthusiasm for the MATCH, his belief in the vision, made our working together inevitable.”
The building, at the 3400 block of Main St., seems to be coming along nicely. It will have five performance spaces, including one 350-seat house, and 4,000 square feet of exhibition space. The Match is working on the last little bit of fundraising and, now, it has a staff of two. It seems like it just may make its projected fall opening.
also by Paula Newton
- Study Reveals That Museums Show More Contemporary Art Than Ever - March 30th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Learn How to Get Money, or Put Your 2¢ In - March 29th, 2017
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017