The great singer-songwriter (and soundtrack composer/actor/Renaissance man) Earle recently released his newest album Terraplane, and like his other more recent (Grammy-winning) previous ones, this one explores an American music genre in a hyper-focused way. Terrraplane is his Texas blues album, thus influenced by Freddy King, Robert Johnson, Stevie Ray, et al. So it makes sense that Marfa could finally lure him out to play a show.
also by Christina Rees
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016