The great singer-songwriter (and soundtrack composer/actor/Renaissance man) Earle recently released his newest album Terraplane, and like his other more recent (Grammy-winning) previous ones, this one explores an American music genre in a hyper-focused way. Terrraplane is his Texas blues album, thus influenced by Freddy King, Robert Johnson, Stevie Ray, et al. So it makes sense that Marfa could finally lure him out to play a show.
also by Christina Rees
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016
- Last Week: Los Angeles vs. New York - December 4th, 2016
- (The New World Order and) Heyd Fontenot at Conduit Gallery, Dallas - November 13th, 2016
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016