The great singer-songwriter (and soundtrack composer/actor/Renaissance man) Earle recently released his newest album Terraplane, and like his other more recent (Grammy-winning) previous ones, this one explores an American music genre in a hyper-focused way. Terrraplane is his Texas blues album, thus influenced by Freddy King, Robert Johnson, Stevie Ray, et al. So it makes sense that Marfa could finally lure him out to play a show.
also by Christina Rees
- Buster Graybill at the Southwest School of Art - October 17th, 2017
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017