Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio is continuing its partnership on a three-month artist residency (for Bexar County artists) with Künstlerhaus Bethanien in Berlin, and the while the deadline is April 15, as long as you’ve started your application process by then, you have a one-day grace period to finish applying.
This is the third year for the by all accounts very successful program. The last set of cycles included artists Justin Boyd, Chris Sauter, Adriana Corral, and Jessica Halonen. The 2015-16 residency cycles begin as early as this summer and as late as spring of 2016. And, “Following the completion of each artist residency an exhibition of artworks made during the residency and since the artists return, will be held at Blue Star Contemporary.”
For more info on eligibility and links to the application ($10), please go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016