The Dallas Art Fair starts up tonight with its Preview Gala Event at the Fashion Industry Gallery from 7-10pm. It benefits the DMA, the Nasher, and the Dallas Contemporary so, if you’re rich (or if you can scoop up a free pass), go party and look at some art. Otherwise, you can still check it out all day Friday through Sunday.
If you’d rather stay in your shorts and look at art while eating a jumbo corn dog, scoot on over to Fort Worth for the Main Street Arts Festival, billed thusly: “The largest four-day event in the southwest brings the finest in art, music, food and culture together in an incredible urban setting.” In addition to tons of food and three stages of performers, there will be booths of 215 artists (selected from 1400 applicants). There is a full list of participating artists on the festival’s art page, as well as practical “Collecting Tips” for potential buyers. The festival starts this morning at 10am and lasts through Sunday night.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017