Peter Simek, writing in D Magazine, describes the “lackadaisical display of orchestrated demolition” at Beefhaus in Dallas last Saturday, and wonders if the Whyte Window / Black Mirror / Black Burka Art Show was a riff on Loris Greaud’s aniticlimactic bit of destruction theater at the Dallas Contemporary, minus, of course, Greaud’s postgame media-baiting.
Watch some video of it here:
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015