Fifteen-year-old non-profit outfit Slideluck, which started in Seattle and is now based in NYC, is a combo art slideshow/potluck dinner that franchises its concept to cities all over the world. It’s essentially a community building exercise. Thus far in Texas, Austin and Dallas have held a few Slideluck gatherings and Dallas’ second round will take place outdoors Saturday, April 11 in Annette Strauss Square from 7-11 p.m. Though submissions by local artists closed ten days ago, this iteration is curated by Leigh Arnold, the Nasher’s assistant curator.
My sense of this event is that it’s open to the public, anyone can bring homemade food to share, and there will be a some time set aside to watch a giant slideshow consisting of pictures of several dozen local artists’ work (as well as short videos). For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016