Fifteen-year-old non-profit outfit Slideluck, which started in Seattle and is now based in NYC, is a combo art slideshow/potluck dinner that franchises its concept to cities all over the world. It’s essentially a community building exercise. Thus far in Texas, Austin and Dallas have held a few Slideluck gatherings and Dallas’ second round will take place outdoors Saturday, April 11 in Annette Strauss Square from 7-11 p.m. Though submissions by local artists closed ten days ago, this iteration is curated by Leigh Arnold, the Nasher’s assistant curator.
My sense of this event is that it’s open to the public, anyone can bring homemade food to share, and there will be a some time set aside to watch a giant slideshow consisting of pictures of several dozen local artists’ work (as well as short videos). For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017
- The Polaroid Project at the Amon Carter - July 11th, 2017
- Epilogue - June 27th, 2017
- Christina and Angela's Epic Road Trip: Some Highlights - June 20th, 2017
- Doug Aitken at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - June 13th, 2017