Fifteen-year-old non-profit outfit Slideluck, which started in Seattle and is now based in NYC, is a combo art slideshow/potluck dinner that franchises its concept to cities all over the world. It’s essentially a community building exercise. Thus far in Texas, Austin and Dallas have held a few Slideluck gatherings and Dallas’ second round will take place outdoors Saturday, April 11 in Annette Strauss Square from 7-11 p.m. Though submissions by local artists closed ten days ago, this iteration is curated by Leigh Arnold, the Nasher’s assistant curator.
My sense of this event is that it’s open to the public, anyone can bring homemade food to share, and there will be a some time set aside to watch a giant slideshow consisting of pictures of several dozen local artists’ work (as well as short videos). For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Buster Graybill at the Southwest School of Art - October 17th, 2017
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017