The San Antonio Museum of Art (SAMA) is receiving a big gift of 3.5 acres of real estate, reports W. Scott Bailey of the San Antonio Business Journal. The space is approximately half of the real estate CPS Energy currently controls on Jones Avenue between SAMA and Camden Street. Although it remains unclear what will become of the other half of the space, SAMA Director Katie Luber told Bailey, “We are thrilled to get half of it.”
The museum plans to operate its administrative offices out of the old space and use the new space for its growing collection and increased programming. “This is a fantastic opportunity because we are so short on space,” stated Luber, adding that she is not sure when SAMA will take control of the new real estate, located near a redeveloped portion of the San Antonio River.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017