As his work, which is often extreme, “addresses topics of injustice, repression, discrimination, censorship and immigration,” we think the discussion will follow this lead. This event is taking place a few days before a performance by Martiel, also at CentralTrak. One of the organizers of Martiel’s time in Dallas is PerformanceSW, which is “a project in support of the proliferation of performance art outside of the mainstream American discourse.” Translators will be on hand for this discussion.
Panel: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 8:00 p.m. at CentralTrak, 800 Exposition Ave. Dallas, TX 75226.
also by Christina Rees
- Buster Graybill at the Southwest School of Art - October 17th, 2017
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017