Among the many listings in the recent post “The Almost-Complete List of Texas Holiday Arts and Crafts Fairs,” is the upcoming Holiday Mini Mart & Party at the Art League Houston (ALH), described by Glasstire as “a spate of normally respectable contemporary artists selling their best stuff for peanuts!” Here’s a partial list of Houston, Austin, and Dallas artists selling their wares:
Ack!, Jade Abner, Kelly Alison, Nadia Al Khalifah, Sarah Ansell, Daniel Anguilu, Chesley Antoinette, Debra Barerra, Daniel Bertalot, Elaine Bradford, Melinda Laszczynski, Felipe Contreras, Isabel Cuenca, Shannon Duncan, Curtis Gannon, Caroline Graham, Patricia Hernandez, Betsy Huete, Lisa Marie Hunter, IGHouston, Jah Jah, Jessica Kreutter, Jera Lodge, Thedra Cullar-Ledford, Nina Marinck, Paul Middendorf, Hayley McSwain, Fredia L. Mitchell-McNeal, Katie Mulholland, Rajni Perera, Cassie Phan, Fernando Ramirez, Preetika Rajgariah, Patrick Renner, Megan Spacek, Chadwick & Spector, Patrick Turk, 360 Degree’s Vanishing/South African Beaders, Monica Villarreal, Jason Villegas, Kayci Wheatley, Claire Webb, and Rena Wood.
If you’re a last minute shopper, or already received your Christmas check from grandma, stop by and check it out on Friday, December 19, 6-9pm. There’s food, drinks, and music by Glasstire’s Peter Lucas. Everything is under $100 and the artists receive 75%; 25% goes to ALH programming for the new year.
also by Paula Newton
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017