Among the many listings in the recent post “The Almost-Complete List of Texas Holiday Arts and Crafts Fairs,” is the upcoming Holiday Mini Mart & Party at the Art League Houston (ALH), described by Glasstire as “a spate of normally respectable contemporary artists selling their best stuff for peanuts!” Here’s a partial list of Houston, Austin, and Dallas artists selling their wares:
Ack!, Jade Abner, Kelly Alison, Nadia Al Khalifah, Sarah Ansell, Daniel Anguilu, Chesley Antoinette, Debra Barerra, Daniel Bertalot, Elaine Bradford, Melinda Laszczynski, Felipe Contreras, Isabel Cuenca, Shannon Duncan, Curtis Gannon, Caroline Graham, Patricia Hernandez, Betsy Huete, Lisa Marie Hunter, IGHouston, Jah Jah, Jessica Kreutter, Jera Lodge, Thedra Cullar-Ledford, Nina Marinck, Paul Middendorf, Hayley McSwain, Fredia L. Mitchell-McNeal, Katie Mulholland, Rajni Perera, Cassie Phan, Fernando Ramirez, Preetika Rajgariah, Patrick Renner, Megan Spacek, Chadwick & Spector, Patrick Turk, 360 Degree’s Vanishing/South African Beaders, Monica Villarreal, Jason Villegas, Kayci Wheatley, Claire Webb, and Rena Wood.
If you’re a last minute shopper, or already received your Christmas check from grandma, stop by and check it out on Friday, December 19, 6-9pm. There’s food, drinks, and music by Glasstire’s Peter Lucas. Everything is under $100 and the artists receive 75%; 25% goes to ALH programming for the new year.
also by Paula Newton
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017
- S.A. Artists Receive $25K Joan Mitchell Grants - November 15th, 2017