Art From the Streets is a 22-year-old non-profit outfit in Austin that provides art studio time to Austin’s homeless throughout the year, and in December holds an annual show and sales event of this artwork. This year the Art From the Streets Annual Show is the weekend of Dec. 6 and 7 at the Austin Convention Center.
Per Art From the Streets: “This year our annual exhibition will feature more than 2,000 new pieces for sale, including paintings and drawings, photography, jewelry, and pottery. Prices start at $35, with a $5 suggested donation at the door to help fund the program year-round.” Last year the event represented 100 artists and made more than $80K for them.
All proceeds–ALL PROCEEDS–go to the artists. For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017