In their new exhibition series, “Crossing Lines: Contemporary Art From Coast To Coast” the Fort Wayne Museum of Art in Indiana is looking to showcase art from “all corners of the land” but, strangely, they’ve decided to start in the middle, with Austin. Their recently opened show, curated by Curated by FWMoA Adjunct Curator Josef Zimmerman, includes Austin artists Adrian Landon Brooks, Brandon Snow, Brian Imler, Erin Cunningham, Graham Franciose, Jamie Spinello, Jason Eatherly, Laura Latimer, David Lowell, Jason Webb, Nimer Aleck, Mike Johnston.
The nationwide survey is becoming a meme: In September, the splendiferous and deep-pocketed new Crystal Bridges museum kicked off its people-pleasing “State of the Art,” curated by Don Bacigalupi and Chad Alligood after a massive road trip of discovery.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015