Peter Plagens, artist and longtime art critic for Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, Art in America and ArtForum, also happened to be Bruce Nauman’s studio neighbor in Pasadena throughout the ’70s, and friend and collaborator of Nauman’s during those seminal years. On Monday, November 17 at 5:30 p.m., in advance of his new book Bruce Nauman: The True Artist (Phaidon, 2014) the New York-based Plagens will share his insider take on Nauman’s work at the Moudy Building lecture hall on TCU campus in Fort Worth in a talk titled “Artist on Artist: A Painter Writes About Bruce Nauman.”
The lecture is free and open to all who are interested, and is sponsored by the TCU School of Art and the Stuck Art History Lecture Fund. For a map to the Moudy North Building and parking info, please go here. The talk takes place in Moudy North, room 141.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017