UTEP’s Rubin Center has partnered with LA’s Machine Project to create Cuadro, a temporary art laboratory at 210 N Stanton St., in a storefront space of the O.T. Bassett Tower in El Paso’s newly designated Downtown Arts District.
Cuadro will feature a series of weekly, weekend events by a mix of local artists and artists from Machine Project, aimed at doing good things like “building a dynamic and experimental platform for different models of artistic practices” and “serving as a catalyst for developing artist-led projects and engaging new and diverse publics.”
On November 6-8, Cuadro will host We Are Local, a showcase of local artist initiatives. On November 13-15 it will host CAMLAB, a collaboration between Jemima Wyman and Anna Mayer begun at CalArts in 2005.
Cuadro is made possible with support from The City of El Paso Museum and Cultural Affairs Department, The El Paso Community Foundation and The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015