The Flinching Eye Collective (F.E.C.), a group of seven interdisciplinary media artists, is blasting through Texas beginning tonight. What they call “The Aberration Tour” starts in Austin at the Salvage Vanguard Theater at 10pm, presented by the Church of the Friendly Ghost. Friday night at 8pm, F.E.C. takes it to Dallas’ CentralTrak, in conjunction with the CentralSound music series, and on Saturday at 7pm, the tour concludes in Houston at Nicole Longnecker Gallery.
The seven members (Max Bernstein, Scott Ferguson, Tobias Fike, Adan De La Garza, Ryan Wade Ruehlen, Benjamin Gale-Schreck, and Matthew Weedman) formed in 2011 and live in NY, CO, WA and TX. They state that their goal is “is to provide a unique transient art experience that engages the community, as well as challenges contemporary notions for exhibition.” If you like descriptions such as “immersive,” “disruptive,” and “audible landscapes,” check them out in your nearest Texas city.
also by Paula Newton
- UT Fine Arts Includes Student Input to Expand Diversity - September 26th, 2017
- The Italians are Coming to Sugar Land - September 25th, 2017
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- New Curator of Asian Art at MFAH - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017