The Flinching Eye Collective (F.E.C.), a group of seven interdisciplinary media artists, is blasting through Texas beginning tonight. What they call “The Aberration Tour” starts in Austin at the Salvage Vanguard Theater at 10pm, presented by the Church of the Friendly Ghost. Friday night at 8pm, F.E.C. takes it to Dallas’ CentralTrak, in conjunction with the CentralSound music series, and on Saturday at 7pm, the tour concludes in Houston at Nicole Longnecker Gallery.
The seven members (Max Bernstein, Scott Ferguson, Tobias Fike, Adan De La Garza, Ryan Wade Ruehlen, Benjamin Gale-Schreck, and Matthew Weedman) formed in 2011 and live in NY, CO, WA and TX. They state that their goal is “is to provide a unique transient art experience that engages the community, as well as challenges contemporary notions for exhibition.” If you like descriptions such as “immersive,” “disruptive,” and “audible landscapes,” check them out in your nearest Texas city.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017