The Dallas Museum of Art, as part of its Arts & Letters Live Series, and the Nasher Sculpture Center, through its 360 Speaker Series, team up to host author and art-world vivisector Sarah Thornton at the DMA on Thursday evening, November 6. Thornton will discuss her newest book, 33 Artists in 3 Acts, in which she “interviewed over 130 artists, including Cindy Sherman and Ai Weiwei, to investigate artists’ psyches, personas, politics, and social networks.” Thornton, of course, is the author of the much talked-about Seven Days in the Art World, published in 2008.
Thornton will speak at 7:30 in the Horchow Auditorium at the DMA at 7:30 p.m. Reservations and tickets are required ($30), but a hardcover of her new book is included in the price. Go here for all pertinent info, or reserve online at DMA.org, or call 214-922-1818.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017