The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is in its second year of hosting an artist-in-residence program, called The Artist’s Garden, and on Saturday, November 8 at 11.30 a.m. it will hold a reception to showcase the work of the 2014 resident artist and UNT grad, Irby Pace.
Last year kicked off the program with artist Alison Jardine, who helped shape the residency with the Arboretum’s Joy Matthews. The residency will continue next year; the chosen artist will create new work in response to the gardens during the spring and summer of 2015 and exhibit the work at the Arboretum in the fall, and develop some educational programming around their work.
For more information on the program and this Saturday’s event, please go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017