Southern Methodist University’s Meadows Museum is going to move the date of its recently and breathlessly announced House of Alba Collection show, which was going to open next spring, so that it can make room for Yet Another Big Big Private Collection Show. “The Abelló Collection: A Modern Taste for European Masters,” will showcase 70 paintings from the acclaimed collection of Madrid-based collector Juan Abelló, with its emphasis on masterworks by the likes of Georges Braque, Salvador Dalí, Edgar Degas, Francisco Goya, El Greco, Henri Matisse, and Pablo Picasso. Like the House of Alba Collection, this will be the first time many of these works will be shown in the United States, and together these exhibitions make a nice celebration of Meadows’ 50th anniversary.
Please note, then, that the opening date for the House of Alba Collection has shifted from springtime to Sept. 4, 2015, and the Abelló Collection exhibition will open April 18, 2015. For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017