The Houston Arts Alliance will be hosting a visit and talk by the new National Endowment For the Arts chairperson Jane Chu tomorrow at the Asia Society. This is Chu’s first visit to Houston, and she’ll follow her talk about her vision for the NEA with a public question-and-answer session.
Chu’s position before her NEA appointment in June was as the president and CEO of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City, Missouri. She’s a native of Oklahoma and was raised in Arkansas, and got her masters at SMU in Dallas and her PhD in philanthropic studies from Indiana University.
Afterward, Chu will visit Project Row Houses with Rick Lowe. The earlier talk starts at 11:30 am on Wednesday, is free and open to the public (and moderated by Houston Arts Alliance president Jonathon Glus) but space is limited, so go here for info on how to secure your spot.
also by Christina Rees
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017