The 17th Annual Austin Museum Day returns September 21 with its hallmark free admission to 35 institutions and non-profits throughout the city; many of the spaces offer special events and programming for the day as well. It’s an all-day event that Sunday; for a look at the schedule of tours, events, participants, etc, go here.
The participants are a varied bunch, from the major players like the Blanton and the Contemporary at Laguna Gloria and UT’s Visual Arts Center, to cool special interest players like the Harry Ransom Center, to the charmingly esoteric, such as the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, and the Texas Medical Association History of Medicine Gallery, which states: “Your only chance on a weekend to see the popular Bugs, Bones, and Blood exhibit on the history of forensic medicine.” Go see some art (and other stuff)!
Austin Museum Day, Sept. 21, 2014
also by Christina Rees
- A Short Meditation On Louis C.K. - February 9th, 2016
- One is a Magic Number - February 3rd, 2016
- We're All In This Together, Naked - January 26th, 2016
- Valhalla Rising: The Dallas Contemporary's Redemptive Moment - January 19th, 2016
- Heads Up: Celia Eberle Has a Show Up Right Now - January 15th, 2016