In what seems like a completely appropriate move, the highly respected Public Relations Society of America and other national organizations have recently handed the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas seven different awards and commendations for its communications around the Nasher XChange public art program.
Last month the PRSA gave the Nasher’s PR staff “the 2013 Silver Anvil Award of Excellence for its ‘Integrated Communications’ campaign that utilized traditional and nontraditional marketing and public relations tactics to reach audiences locally and nationally” (via CultureMap Dallas). Contrary to what you may think, the Silver award is its very top award, not the first runner up.
The PRSA also gave the Nasher a “Bronze” award for media relations, and two other organizations, PR News and Ragan Communications, gave the Nasher commendations in the non-profit sector for their media relations and PR campaigns. Kudos to the Nasher PR team!
(photo of winning team: Nasher Sculpture Center)
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016