Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts (TALA) will offer a one-on-one legal clinic for artists and arts-related organizations tomorrow evening at Houston’s Fresh Arts. Legal advice is absolutely free “for those with an annual income of under 50k” (that should include most artists) and they will be ready to answer any questions (actually, “questions must be related to work in the creative fields,” so they will not get you out of that speeding ticket).
Participants should register online ASAP for a half-hour time slot on July 29, 6:30-8:30pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Non-Graffiti-Looking Graffiti Doesn’t Get Painted Over - January 24th, 2017
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017