Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts (TALA) will offer a one-on-one legal clinic for artists and arts-related organizations tomorrow evening at Houston’s Fresh Arts. Legal advice is absolutely free “for those with an annual income of under 50k” (that should include most artists) and they will be ready to answer any questions (actually, “questions must be related to work in the creative fields,” so they will not get you out of that speeding ticket).
Participants should register online ASAP for a half-hour time slot on July 29, 6:30-8:30pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017