Now that Glasstire editor Bill Davenport and publisher Rainey Knudson released this week’s Top 5 countdown on video, it seems everyone wants to jump on the YouTube bandwagon to chat about contemporary art.
This week, Ovation TV launched its first original web series, called Touching the Art. The black-lipsticked artist and comedian Casey Jane Ellison interviews (apparently always female) art-world guests with smart/dumb/glib questions: “What is art? Who cares? Why?” The show seems to straddle the lines between accessible and obscure, sincere and sarcastic. It remains to be seen whether it will actually catch on, but the first episode proves one thing: artist Catherine Opie is pretty smart and funny!
also by Paula Newton
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015