Now that Glasstire editor Bill Davenport and publisher Rainey Knudson released this week’s Top 5 countdown on video, it seems everyone wants to jump on the YouTube bandwagon to chat about contemporary art.
This week, Ovation TV launched its first original web series, called Touching the Art. The black-lipsticked artist and comedian Casey Jane Ellison interviews (apparently always female) art-world guests with smart/dumb/glib questions: “What is art? Who cares? Why?” The show seems to straddle the lines between accessible and obscure, sincere and sarcastic. It remains to be seen whether it will actually catch on, but the first episode proves one thing: artist Catherine Opie is pretty smart and funny!
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016