Now that Glasstire editor Bill Davenport and publisher Rainey Knudson released this week’s Top 5 countdown on video, it seems everyone wants to jump on the YouTube bandwagon to chat about contemporary art.
This week, Ovation TV launched its first original web series, called Touching the Art. The black-lipsticked artist and comedian Casey Jane Ellison interviews (apparently always female) art-world guests with smart/dumb/glib questions: “What is art? Who cares? Why?” The show seems to straddle the lines between accessible and obscure, sincere and sarcastic. It remains to be seen whether it will actually catch on, but the first episode proves one thing: artist Catherine Opie is pretty smart and funny!
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015