Now that Glasstire editor Bill Davenport and publisher Rainey Knudson released this week’s Top 5 countdown on video, it seems everyone wants to jump on the YouTube bandwagon to chat about contemporary art.
This week, Ovation TV launched its first original web series, called Touching the Art. The black-lipsticked artist and comedian Casey Jane Ellison interviews (apparently always female) art-world guests with smart/dumb/glib questions: “What is art? Who cares? Why?” The show seems to straddle the lines between accessible and obscure, sincere and sarcastic. It remains to be seen whether it will actually catch on, but the first episode proves one thing: artist Catherine Opie is pretty smart and funny!
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016
- Rienzi’s Founding Director to Retire - February 1st, 2016