Now that Glasstire editor Bill Davenport and publisher Rainey Knudson released this week’s Top 5 countdown on video, it seems everyone wants to jump on the YouTube bandwagon to chat about contemporary art.
This week, Ovation TV launched its first original web series, called Touching the Art. The black-lipsticked artist and comedian Casey Jane Ellison interviews (apparently always female) art-world guests with smart/dumb/glib questions: “What is art? Who cares? Why?” The show seems to straddle the lines between accessible and obscure, sincere and sarcastic. It remains to be seen whether it will actually catch on, but the first episode proves one thing: artist Catherine Opie is pretty smart and funny!
also by Paula Newton
- Rick Lowe: The Genius is Now a UH Professor - July 1st, 2016
- Affordable Space for E.P. Artists! - June 30th, 2016
- Lucas Museum and Don Bacigalupi Ditch Chicago and Look to California - June 29th, 2016
- Fluxus Co-Founder Ben Patterson Dies at 82 - June 28th, 2016
- Spend Your Holiday Weekend in Rockport! - June 27th, 2016