Now that Glasstire editor Bill Davenport and publisher Rainey Knudson released this week’s Top 5 countdown on video, it seems everyone wants to jump on the YouTube bandwagon to chat about contemporary art.
This week, Ovation TV launched its first original web series, called Touching the Art. The black-lipsticked artist and comedian Casey Jane Ellison interviews (apparently always female) art-world guests with smart/dumb/glib questions: “What is art? Who cares? Why?” The show seems to straddle the lines between accessible and obscure, sincere and sarcastic. It remains to be seen whether it will actually catch on, but the first episode proves one thing: artist Catherine Opie is pretty smart and funny!
also by Paula Newton
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017