The folks who put the Q in QFest are gearing up again for the five-day annual film festival dedicated to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer cinema. It begins Thursday evening with the Texas premier of Appropriate Behavior at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) and runs through Monday, July 28. QFest will feature 17 programs hosted at seven venues throughout Houston (full schedule here).
For those who want to start the party early, the Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP) is hosting a “Sneak Peak and ‘Bumper Crop’ Video Party” tonight at 6pm. QFest Artistic Director Kristian Salinas will share festival highlights and QFest Festival Administrator Stephanie Saint Sanchez will present this year’s submissions in the QFest Bumper Crop Shout Out. SWAMP is located at 1519 West Main.
(Image: film still from Appropriate Behavior)
also by Paula Newton
- Trump Tax Laws Not Good for Museums - October 16th, 2017
- Former MFAH Core Fellow Dies Suddenly - October 13th, 2017
- Amid Immigration Debates, Borderland Art Reigns - October 12th, 2017
- Houston Quilts Have Enemies! - October 11th, 2017
- Holograms: Museum Creates a Place for Conversation with the Past and Future - October 10th, 2017