It was pretty exciting when the Museum of Drawing (MOD) announced its arrival into Houston’s art scene a few years ago. It seemed as if they were just a grant or two away from choosing a building location in order to serve its mission: “to exhibit the origin of the line, the depth of drawing and the evolution of the line coming to life in modern and contemporary forms of art in media.” There were indeed a few cocktail fundraisers and then MOD seemed to go quiet.
But MOD is now presenting its inaugural exhibition, appropriately titled All Quiet: Same As it Never Was, featuring collaborative work by University of Houston alumni Joe Ives and Dan Fabian. The show will be on view for one night only (Wednesday, July 30, 6-8pm), hosted by Audi Central (2120 Southwest Freeway). That’s a car dealership showroom.
Well, it’s a start. Let’s hope it’s the start of a new cool museum.
also by Paula Newton
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017
- Houston Curator Receives Warhol Foundation Grant - January 9th, 2017