It was pretty exciting when the Museum of Drawing (MOD) announced its arrival into Houston’s art scene a few years ago. It seemed as if they were just a grant or two away from choosing a building location in order to serve its mission: “to exhibit the origin of the line, the depth of drawing and the evolution of the line coming to life in modern and contemporary forms of art in media.” There were indeed a few cocktail fundraisers and then MOD seemed to go quiet.
But MOD is now presenting its inaugural exhibition, appropriately titled All Quiet: Same As it Never Was, featuring collaborative work by University of Houston alumni Joe Ives and Dan Fabian. The show will be on view for one night only (Wednesday, July 30, 6-8pm), hosted by Audi Central (2120 Southwest Freeway). That’s a car dealership showroom.
Well, it’s a start. Let’s hope it’s the start of a new cool museum.
also by Paula Newton
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015