Abstract painters and conceptual artists: beware! The Masters of Representational Art (yes, that’s the name of the group) have been meeting up once a month to eat pizza and strategize their takeover of the art universe. Or, as founder Elizabeth Cencini innocently explains to Your Houston News, “I feel there are already strong art circles within Houston in abstract, expressionism, conceptual art and performance art. However, as a representational artist who is traditionally trained, I find it hard to meet like-minded artists who want to continue the traditions of the old masters.”
It’s time to choose sides. Artists who wish to join forces with the Masters can meet them tonight at Piola Houston Italian Restaurant (3201 Louisiana Street) at 7:30pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017