On July 5 East-Austin artist space Canopy and Art.Science.Gallery will host The Tesla Project, an all-day celebration of the genius of Nikola Tesla, the popular scientist/inventor/über-geek. The free extravaganza is open to all ages. Proceeds benefit Girlstart!, a STEM education program for girls.
The day’s events, all linked to Tesla’s interests and history, include robots, t-shirt screen printing, a dove release (Tesla was into pigeons), a costume contest, film screenings, live theremin music, plus food trucks and more. I admit it does sound like a lot of fun. The complete schedule is here.
The Tesla Project: Saturday, July 5, 2014 from 2-10pm at Canopy
916 Springdale Rd. Austin, TX 78702 Free!
(photo: Tesla, aged 34, 1890, by Napoleon Sarony)
also by Christina Rees
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016
- All the world's a snuff film - July 17th, 2016