On July 5 East-Austin artist space Canopy and Art.Science.Gallery will host The Tesla Project, an all-day celebration of the genius of Nikola Tesla, the popular scientist/inventor/über-geek. The free extravaganza is open to all ages. Proceeds benefit Girlstart!, a STEM education program for girls.
The day’s events, all linked to Tesla’s interests and history, include robots, t-shirt screen printing, a dove release (Tesla was into pigeons), a costume contest, film screenings, live theremin music, plus food trucks and more. I admit it does sound like a lot of fun. The complete schedule is here.
The Tesla Project: Saturday, July 5, 2014 from 2-10pm at Canopy
916 Springdale Rd. Austin, TX 78702 Free!
(photo: Tesla, aged 34, 1890, by Napoleon Sarony)
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016