Via the San Antonio Express-News: Debuting tonight at 9 p.m. “a 24-minute video collage of images set to music” called The Saga will be projected onto the face of the San Fernando Cathedral. This kicks off what is scheduled to be a ten-year run of the installation, created by a French artist named Xavier de Richemont. Weather permitting, it will start up again at 9 p.m. each Tuesday and weekend night.
The video, projected for the foot traffic at 115 Main Plaza, was commissioned by the Main Plaza Conservancy, and reportedly shows a series of photos in “a tribute to the local culture and history,” which includes historical images of San Antonio’s storied past and extends to photo portraits of current residents. According to the Express-News, Richemont has made something of a career for himself in creating these kind of installation college projections for cities worldwide. His other works, like the San Antonio iteration, take “the form of designs, photography, writing and music” and are then projected onto historic landmarks.
(photo: San Antonio Express-News)
also by Christina Rees
- A Short Meditation On Louis C.K. - February 9th, 2016
- One is a Magic Number - February 3rd, 2016
- We're All In This Together, Naked - January 26th, 2016
- Valhalla Rising: The Dallas Contemporary's Redemptive Moment - January 19th, 2016
- Heads Up: Celia Eberle Has a Show Up Right Now - January 15th, 2016