East Dallas Gallery Day is today from noon to 8 pm! Returning for its 3rd year to kick off the summer for the galleries in Downtown, Deep Ellum and Expo Park, this year’s participating galleries include: Barry Whistler Gallery, BEEFHAUS, Liliana Bloch Gallery, Kirk Hopper Fine Art, WAAS Gallery, 500X, The Reading Room, UNT Artspace Dallas, RO2 Art, The Public Trust, Cohn Drennan Contemporary, Kettle Art, The Power Station and CentralTrak.
The first twenty people at each gallery will receive a gift bag, which includes the cool t-shirt shown. Don’t worry if you’re spending the weekend at the Elm St. Music & Tattoo Festival (Reverend Horton Heat, Black Flag, tattoo artists and more!), the schedules don’t overlap and, at the East Dallas Gallery Day, there will be hair of the dog provided in the form of ice cold craft beer. And you could probably use a fresh t-shirt to make it through the weekend.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Announces Texas Artist of the Year - May 6th, 2016
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016