The Houston Fringe Festival is busy organizing its upcoming carnival of chaos, now in its seventh year. The five-day event (September 24-28) features local and international performers and artists who “present daring and conceptually challenging performances that fit outside the mainstream.” On the final day of the festival is the “Anything Goes” event, a fast-paced series of ten-minutes-or-less performances by local artists.
The Festival is now accepting “Anything Goes” proposals through June 30. Application details are available on the website but, as always, they provide this encouraging summary of qualifications: “the weirder, the better”!
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016