The Houston Fringe Festival is busy organizing its upcoming carnival of chaos, now in its seventh year. The five-day event (September 24-28) features local and international performers and artists who “present daring and conceptually challenging performances that fit outside the mainstream.” On the final day of the festival is the “Anything Goes” event, a fast-paced series of ten-minutes-or-less performances by local artists.
The Festival is now accepting “Anything Goes” proposals through June 30. Application details are available on the website but, as always, they provide this encouraging summary of qualifications: “the weirder, the better”!
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015