As reported by the San Antonio Express-News, some of Barrientos’ artworks have been stolen in advance of tonight’s opening. About 10 of his 15 wooden bird cutouts that were attached to grates on the old Solo Serve building had disappeared after they had been up only a few days.
“I guess it’s just ironic, I was trying to create a connection between man and nature and they just proved my point,” Barrientos said. “Humans are constantly disrupting animals and their environment.” Barrientos is making new birds in time for tonight’s opening reception.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017