As reported by the San Antonio Express-News, some of Barrientos’ artworks have been stolen in advance of tonight’s opening. About 10 of his 15 wooden bird cutouts that were attached to grates on the old Solo Serve building had disappeared after they had been up only a few days.
“I guess it’s just ironic, I was trying to create a connection between man and nature and they just proved my point,” Barrientos said. “Humans are constantly disrupting animals and their environment.” Barrientos is making new birds in time for tonight’s opening reception.
also by Glasstire
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Jesse Lott's Process - October 22nd, 2016
- Nasher Puts Out International Call for Graduate Papers - October 21st, 2016
- Kendall Jenner Copies Iconic Performance Artists to Create Her Own Performance Art - October 21st, 2016
- DMA Appoints a New Contemporary Curator - October 20th, 2016
- Top Five: October 20, 2016 with Amada Miller - October 20th, 2016