As reported by the San Antonio Express-News, some of Barrientos’ artworks have been stolen in advance of tonight’s opening. About 10 of his 15 wooden bird cutouts that were attached to grates on the old Solo Serve building had disappeared after they had been up only a few days.
“I guess it’s just ironic, I was trying to create a connection between man and nature and they just proved my point,” Barrientos said. “Humans are constantly disrupting animals and their environment.” Barrientos is making new birds in time for tonight’s opening reception.
also by Glasstire
- Giant Indoor Sculpture Makes the FBI Sick - December 6th, 2016
- Lawndale Live! - December 6th, 2016
- "On December 8, a group of Dallas college students will attempt to destroy the internet... ." - December 5th, 2016
- Filmmakers: the city of Austin wants to screen your work - December 5th, 2016
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016