As reported by the San Antonio Express-News, some of Barrientos’ artworks have been stolen in advance of tonight’s opening. About 10 of his 15 wooden bird cutouts that were attached to grates on the old Solo Serve building had disappeared after they had been up only a few days.
“I guess it’s just ironic, I was trying to create a connection between man and nature and they just proved my point,” Barrientos said. “Humans are constantly disrupting animals and their environment.” Barrientos is making new birds in time for tonight’s opening reception.
also by Glasstire
- Thanksgiving Top Five: November 26, 2015 - November 26th, 2015
- Announcing New Issue of Semigloss and Its Release Party - November 24th, 2015
- Party Pics: November 21 at BOX 13 ArtSpace, Houston - November 24th, 2015
- Ellsworth Kelly Sculpture Installed in Dallas Cowboy's AT&T Stadium - November 23rd, 2015
- Menil Announces Tom Rhoads as Interim Director - November 22nd, 2015