The annual meeting of the Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) is now underway in Dallas/Fort Worth. In between tours of area art collections, the country’s museum bosses are getting together to discuss art issues, best practices, fundraising and other museum boss business. For those who would like a hint of the conversation, or just want to mingle with the head honchos, there is one event open to the public.
The Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) is hosting a panel discussion this evening at 5:30 pm at the Horchow Auditorium. A conversation about cultural investment in major urban centers entitled “Cities and Cultural Investment: A Snapshot” will be moderated by DMA Director Maxwell Anderson. The panelists will include John Rossant, Executive Chairman of Publicis Live! in Paris, and Chairman of the New Cities Foundation, based in Geneva, and Zannie Voss, Chair and Professor of Arts Management and Arts Entrepreneurship in the Meadows School of the Arts and the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University, Director of the National Center for Arts Research, and an Affiliate Professor at Kedge School of Business in Marseille, France.
Admission is free, but tickets are required.
also by Paula Newton
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016