The annual meeting of the Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) is now underway in Dallas/Fort Worth. In between tours of area art collections, the country’s museum bosses are getting together to discuss art issues, best practices, fundraising and other museum boss business. For those who would like a hint of the conversation, or just want to mingle with the head honchos, there is one event open to the public.
The Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) is hosting a panel discussion this evening at 5:30 pm at the Horchow Auditorium. A conversation about cultural investment in major urban centers entitled “Cities and Cultural Investment: A Snapshot” will be moderated by DMA Director Maxwell Anderson. The panelists will include John Rossant, Executive Chairman of Publicis Live! in Paris, and Chairman of the New Cities Foundation, based in Geneva, and Zannie Voss, Chair and Professor of Arts Management and Arts Entrepreneurship in the Meadows School of the Arts and the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University, Director of the National Center for Arts Research, and an Affiliate Professor at Kedge School of Business in Marseille, France.
Admission is free, but tickets are required.
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017