As the Texas summer barrels down on us, Octavia Art Gallery has announced it will host a pop-up art show about the season, in collaboration with curator Alice Carrington Foultz, at the historic Roosevelt Library in San Antonio. The show is called Summer Solstice and it brings together work from artists represented by Octavia Gallery as well as work by local San Antonio artists. “Each of these works conveys some aspect of light or shade,” said Foultz. “These artists have captured the stillness of hot summer afternoons or the coolness of swimming pools, green golf courses, and forest canopies. Abstractions of blue water also find their way into the mix.”
The show will feature paintings and sculptures by Wayne Amedee, Waddy Armstrong, Jerry Cabrera, Rudy Choperena, Caio Fonseca, Meghan Gerety, Alex Hernandez Dueñas, Martha Hughes, Jorge Pardo, Regina Scully and Eliza Thomas.
It runs from May 13 through August 13.
311 Roosevelt Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78210
Opening reception: Tuesday, May 13, from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Also of note, the New Orleans-based Octavia Gallery recently opened up a space in Houston.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014