There is a lot going on in Marfa this weekend: CineMarfa kicked off on Thursday and continues through the weekend, and Chinati hosts a talk, in partnership with CineMarfa between artist Zoe Leonard and Thomas Beard, founder of Brooklyn’s Light Industry today. The two will discuss Leonard’s work 100 North Nevill Street. After their talk will be a screening of James Bennings RR at Crowley Theater and a book signing at Marfa Book Company.
Along with Coolquit, Chinati sends news, folks, that a great horned owl has taken up residence in one of the North Shed roofs. Just think–two scavengers at once!! Art magic.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014