In the lifelong battle that is eeking out a living for most artists, navigating the mystifying world of grants and creative financial support can be a quagmire few are brave enough to wade into. Understanding that, next Monday, April 21, Fresh Art presents a workshop called “Funding Strategies for Independent Artists” at Art League Houston, with the aim of getting artists, performers, writers, etc. in the know about how to tap into creative cash flow.
Led by Fresh Arts Executive Director Jenni Rebecca Stephenson and composer and musician Jerry Ochoa of Two Star Symphony, the workshop will focus on: identifying grant opportunities (including several key local opportunities), increasing accessibility to additional funding through fiscal sponsorship, and securing individual contributions and institutional support. It will also gives clues on crowd-funding campaigns (Kick Starter, etc) and offer examples of how local artists have successfully raised money for their projects.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014