The Dallas Art Fair kicked off Thursday, and the reports are starting to trickle in. D Magazine picks the top 10 galleries it wants you to see (beware the glut of abstraction). And the Dallas Observer rounds up a colorful smattering of work, including Brian Jones’ self-portrait, burning Bit Tex.
Also in Dallas for the fair, Know-Wave.com radio, a LA-based underground station that has set up at the very above ground Joule for the weekend. Their guests and hosts include a list of New York art world personalities, some Dallas guests (like Power Station proprietor Alden Pinnell and artist/critic Noah Simblist), and the ubiquitous Richard Phillips, who seems to be everywhere in Dallas this weekend. You can read more about the station over on the New York Times’ T blog.
And now, courtesy of Blouin Art Info, here’s DAF in 60 seconds! (Abstraction!)
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014