Art.Science.Gallery, one of the nation’s first art galleries to feature exclusively science-related artworks, will open in Austin on April 12 with its first exhibition. Called Geo_____ , the show will explore themes of geology, geography and geometry, featuring the work of four artists: Annell Livingston (Taos, NM), Landry McMeans (Austin, TX), Laura Moriarty (Kingston, NY) and Ruthie Powers (Austin, TX).
The space is run by J. Hayley Gillespie–conservation biologist, educator, natural historian, artist, and science writer–so the gallery is also equal parts laboratory and classroom, offering a number of workshops and courses that explore the fertile cross-pollinating between art and science.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014