A 45-year-old Alvin High School art teacher, Houston artist Scott Burns, was arrested yesterday on charges of possession of child pornography, KTRK-TV reports. His arrest followed his removal from the Alvin campus on Tuesday after accusations surfaced of his using former students as models for risqué paintings and drawings. The investigation determined that all former students that Burns used as models were adults at the time they posed, however the alleged discovery of child pornography in his home led to his arrest.
Scott Burns is a well-known artist in the Houston area, and his work has been reviewed in Houston Press, ARTLIES and Art in America.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014