The University of Houston’s Center for Arts Leadership will host a arts summit designed to grow and sustain the energy of Houston’s arts scene, helping ensure that it have a robust future. The Leadership in the Arts Summit will ask the question: “What does it take to be a 21st Century arts community?” Addressing the topic will be a number of featured speakers that bring a wide swath of community arts experience, including arts-researcher Ann Markusen, art-activist Maria Rosario Jackson, and arts-scholar Paul Bonin-Rodriquez, as well as various local presenters.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014