Those who survived the recent Lone Star Explosion, Houston’s International Performance Art Biennale, may have been left feeling creatively inspired or, at least, challenged. Artists don’t have to wait until next year to realize their crazy performance or art project ideas; the Houston Fringe Festival has announced that it is now accepting proposals for its own three-day extravaganza, which takes place at theatrical and non-traditional venues in Houston’s East End in late September.
Proposals should adhere to the Houston Fringe mission: “to present daring and conceptually challenging performances that fit outside the mainstream.” Open to both emerging and established theater, dance, film, music, and visual artists, applications are due by May 1.
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016