The folks who organize San Antonio’s Contemporary Art Month (CAM) will again host the Miss CAM Antonio contest, a virtual pageant to find the perfect person to represent the local contemporary art community. The contest is open to anyone currently living in San Antonio—male or female, young or old (the pageant’s Facebook page reiterates: “Open to everyone…and we mean EVERYONE!”)
There is no swimsuit competition involved; contestants will be judged merely the on answers to the pageant-inspired question, “As Miss CAM Antonio, how would you promote contemporary art in San Antonio?” Entrants must post answers, in the form of text, videos or photos, to the contest’s Facebook page before midnight on March 4. The final four will be selected by popular vote (“likes”) and the winner will be chosen by a panel of CAM board members. Miss CAM Antonio will be crowned (with a custom designed crown by local artist Marlys Dietrick). during the CAM kick-off party at Blue Star Art Contemporary Arts Museum on Thursday evening, March 6.
also by Paula Newton
- Solange Knowles + Donald Judd = Love Songs - August 23rd, 2017
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017