In conjunction with Blane de St. Croix‘s current exhibition Broken Landscape III, San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Museum is hosting an evening of “Border Dialogues” on Tuesday, February 4, with the artist and Ito Romo, Associate Professor of English and Communication Studies at St. Mary’s University and author of The Border is Burning (2013) and El Puente/The Bridge (2001). Romo, who was born and raised on the border in Laredo and whose work has been referred to as “Chicano Noir,” will sit down with de St. Croix, whose exhibition was created after much research along 3,000 miles of the border.
For those interested in a rich, dense, but very complicated topic, these guys have done their research on an area Romo refers to as the ”border of violence and complexity.” The talk will be moderated by Dan Goddard.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015