In conjunction with Blane de St. Croix‘s current exhibition Broken Landscape III, San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Museum is hosting an evening of “Border Dialogues” on Tuesday, February 4, with the artist and Ito Romo, Associate Professor of English and Communication Studies at St. Mary’s University and author of The Border is Burning (2013) and El Puente/The Bridge (2001). Romo, who was born and raised on the border in Laredo and whose work has been referred to as “Chicano Noir,” will sit down with de St. Croix, whose exhibition was created after much research along 3,000 miles of the border.
For those interested in a rich, dense, but very complicated topic, these guys have done their research on an area Romo refers to as the ”border of violence and complexity.” The talk will be moderated by Dan Goddard.
also by Paula Newton
- Cruz Ortiz Selected as Artist for TX Dem Convention - May 30th, 2016
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016