Only a few months ago, San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art (SSA) announced that it had received accreditation to begin a bachelor of fine arts program next fall, so it launched a fundraising campaign for a scholarship fund. SSA President and CEO Paula Owen told the San Antonio Express-News that, with the latest contribution from the Linda Pace Foundation, it has now raised over $1 million of its $2.5 million goal.
The program will start its first year with 20-25 students, at least four of whom will receive full scholarships. The scholarship deadline is March 1; applications close June 30 for the fall semester.
also by Paula Newton
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017