Only a few months ago, San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art (SSA) announced that it had received accreditation to begin a bachelor of fine arts program next fall, so it launched a fundraising campaign for a scholarship fund. SSA President and CEO Paula Owen told the San Antonio Express-News that, with the latest contribution from the Linda Pace Foundation, it has now raised over $1 million of its $2.5 million goal.
The program will start its first year with 20-25 students, at least four of whom will receive full scholarships. The scholarship deadline is March 1; applications close June 30 for the fall semester.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016