Only a few months ago, San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art (SSA) announced that it had received accreditation to begin a bachelor of fine arts program next fall, so it launched a fundraising campaign for a scholarship fund. SSA President and CEO Paula Owen told the San Antonio Express-News that, with the latest contribution from the Linda Pace Foundation, it has now raised over $1 million of its $2.5 million goal.
The program will start its first year with 20-25 students, at least four of whom will receive full scholarships. The scholarship deadline is March 1; applications close June 30 for the fall semester.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017