Only a few months ago, San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art (SSA) announced that it had received accreditation to begin a bachelor of fine arts program next fall, so it launched a fundraising campaign for a scholarship fund. SSA President and CEO Paula Owen told the San Antonio Express-News that, with the latest contribution from the Linda Pace Foundation, it has now raised over $1 million of its $2.5 million goal.
The program will start its first year with 20-25 students, at least four of whom will receive full scholarships. The scholarship deadline is March 1; applications close June 30 for the fall semester.
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016