Insomniacs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should be forewarned when watching late night infomercials. Those tuned into KTXA Channel 21 on Friday, February 7 at 3 am (known to many night owls as “Thursday night”) may view the 28-minute infomercial entitled FOREVER and catch the migraine-addled Paul-Newman-looking guy promising the secret to immortality. This is actually the last part of the Good/Bad Art Collective‘s Curtains, a “public sculpture”/social project commissioned for the Nasher Xchange exhibition.
We’re not sure about the promised immortality (remember: the title of the work is Curtains) but, hey, go ahead and call the 1-800 number and see what happens.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016