Insomniacs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should be forewarned when watching late night infomercials. Those tuned into KTXA Channel 21 on Friday, February 7 at 3 am (known to many night owls as “Thursday night”) may view the 28-minute infomercial entitled FOREVER and catch the migraine-addled Paul-Newman-looking guy promising the secret to immortality. This is actually the last part of the Good/Bad Art Collective‘s Curtains, a “public sculpture”/social project commissioned for the Nasher Xchange exhibition.
We’re not sure about the promised immortality (remember: the title of the work is Curtains) but, hey, go ahead and call the 1-800 number and see what happens.
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017