Insomniacs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should be forewarned when watching late night infomercials. Those tuned into KTXA Channel 21 on Friday, February 7 at 3 am (known to many night owls as “Thursday night”) may view the 28-minute infomercial entitled FOREVER and catch the migraine-addled Paul-Newman-looking guy promising the secret to immortality. This is actually the last part of the Good/Bad Art Collective‘s Curtains, a “public sculpture”/social project commissioned for the Nasher Xchange exhibition.
We’re not sure about the promised immortality (remember: the title of the work is Curtains) but, hey, go ahead and call the 1-800 number and see what happens.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015