Insomniacs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should be forewarned when watching late night infomercials. Those tuned into KTXA Channel 21 on Friday, February 7 at 3 am (known to many night owls as “Thursday night”) may view the 28-minute infomercial entitled FOREVER and catch the migraine-addled Paul-Newman-looking guy promising the secret to immortality. This is actually the last part of the Good/Bad Art Collective‘s Curtains, a “public sculpture”/social project commissioned for the Nasher Xchange exhibition.
We’re not sure about the promised immortality (remember: the title of the work is Curtains) but, hey, go ahead and call the 1-800 number and see what happens.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016